On April 22, 2020, Emilia Quinn Sears became an Angel. Not too many people get a chance to see or know a miracle, but we've had the honor of living with our miracle for 37 amazing days.
Given the current state of the world, we wanted to share a few things to let everyone know a little about Emilia's personality as no one was ever able to physically meet her other than her mom, dad, and amazing care team at Riley Hospital.
- She was the strongest and bravest person we've ever met. There was no challenge too big for her to take on.
- She was freaking adorable, feisty, and a Fighter!
- All of her care team loved her and fought over who would take care of her every night.
- She looked just like her mother and had her father's "never quit" attitude.
- She's our role model and taught us how to be stronger and better parents/humans.
- She gave us a why that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives and live each day to the fullest to honor her.
We are so proud of the strength and bravery she showed with her fight and letting her parents know when it was time to let go. We are so thankful she gave us time as a family to honor her and see her off pain free in her mother's arms.
She will be forever remembered by her parents, Chris and Felicia Sears; maternal grandmother, Genie Cabello; paternal grandparents, Anita and Dale Sears; great grandmothers, Carolyn Bundy and Geri Sears; aunts, Kristin (Greg) Donofrio and Sarah Cabello; a large extended family including great aunts, great uncles and many cousins.
A small private service will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020, at the O'Riley Funeral Home, 6107 S. East Street, Indianapolis. Burial will follow at Calvary Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to NEC Society necsociety.org or to Riley Children's Hospital. Visit www.ORileyFuneralHome.com to view Emilia's funeral on the O'Riley YouTube channel or to sign the online guest registry.